Monday, August 18, 2014

Fairs and headbands

Hi!

There were couple of fairs going on in Rovaniemi last weekends and we thought they would be worth of checking out with my classmate. We met up on Saturday and went for a little walk around central Rovaniemi (or whatever it's called, don't ask me I've lived here only for a week). The area I live in is starting to become more familiar and now I know a few cool and really cheap stores that I would've never found on my own. Here's a few pictures I snapped on Saturday: 


There was like an international food fair going on and I just had to get some churros. The paper bag was also super cute.







We actually went looking for these haha. They're like super long pieces of licorice and you can hardly get them anywhere unless you go to a fair or an amusement park etc...


After a few hours of walking and shopping, I went to get some groceries and made myself a yummy chicken salad. 

I ended up buying a few little things on Saturday including couple new jumpers because it's getting really cold in here (it was 5 degrees this morning!!! I had to ask how to sign "it's cold outside" haha). I also got few new headbands because I'm sick of having to push away my bangs from my face 500 times everyday. I've been wearing bandanas a lot lately and I like them because they keep my bangs in place so I thought I'd get a few headbands so I won't have to wear a bandana everyday. I didn't take pictures of the stuff that I bought but I'm sure you'll see them in this blog at some point :D I did have a new headband and jumper on today tho so here's a picture:


Please ignore the messy apartment (especially you, mom), I'm still unpacking. 

Also! Because of this headband/bandana addiction, I got a name sign. Our sign language teacher referred to me with a sign for a headband in one of the classes last week and I kind of just decided to keep it.

See you soon!
~Susanna

No comments: